Find the best content for Visual Basic 6 development, .NET interoperability, and migration here.
Partner Tools & Solutions
Leverage these free tools and solutions from our partners to assist you with a more complete migration from Visual Basic 6 to .NET.
Getting Started
1. Migration & Support Strategy
Key Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files, used in the majority of application scenarios, are shipping in and supported for the lifetime of Windows 7. Find out what support options are available to you.
2. Visual Basic 6.0 Resources
You will find plenty of resources here for developing in Visual Basic 6.0 including links to the MSDN Library, technical articles, and code samples.
3. Extend Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications
Extend your Visual Basic 6.0 applications using the functionality of Visual Basic .NET without upgrading. These resources show you how.
4. Upgrading from Visual Basic 6.0
Do you need help in upgrading your Visual Basic 6.0 applications to Visual Basic .NET? This section provides the necessary resources.
Acknowledgement
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to many people who have made their
contributions in one way or another to the successful publication of this book.
My special thanks go to my children Xiang, Yi and Xun. My daughter Xiang edited this book while my sons Yi and Xun contributed their ideas and even wrote some of the sample programs for this book. I would also like to appreciate the support provided by my beloved wife Kim Huang and my youngest daughter Yuan. I would also like to thank the million of visitors to my Visual Basic Tutorial Website at www.vbtutor.net; especially those who contributed their comments, for their support and encouragement. Finally, I would like to thank my publisher
Book Surge for the guidance and assistance in producing this book.